5.02.2011

House Tour Room-by-Room Link-up Party: Kids' Rooms, Nurseries, and Pet Room

We're back again with another leg on the house tour. We're doing kids' rooms, nurseries, and pet rooms this week. Can't wait to see all of the great things you have done for the little ones in your lives!

Here's the full room-by-room schedule for all of you who like to plan ahead!

As you probably know I have two kids - Elizabeth is five and Alex is almost two. I have had so much fun decorating their rooms and documenting it. Early next year I think we'll move Alex to his new big boy room (currently the upstairs guest room) so we can reclaim our home office. At that point there will be so much furniture flying around the house that hubby may need a spreadsheet to get everything to where it needs to be!

So, here is Alex's nursery -


Sources: Wall color: Benjamin Moore Raspberry Truffle; Crib - Costco (old); Chair - used; Chair slipcover made by me; Quilt, crib skirt, and window valance made by my mom (!); Dresser - used; Rug - JC Penney; Lamp - HomeGoods; Personalized pillow - Little Bit Funky. More info on Alex's nursery here and here.

Now Elizabeth's room... A few weeks ago she told me that her new favorite color is blue. Of course, after years of pink and pink decorating, she decides she now likes blue. True to five year old form, she now says that she has two favorite colors - pink and blue. Crisis averted. She is decidedly not into princesses though which is pretty funny considering that most of her friends are all things princess right now.

We have some more changes to make in this room this spring. More on that soon! More on Elizabeth's room here and here.

Sources: Walls: Sherwin Williams Quaint Peche; Bed - JC Penney; Dresser - antique; Chair - PB Teen; table and chairs: Ikea; Bedding: HomeGoods; personalized pillow: Little Bit Funky.


Now it's your turn! Show us your kids' rooms, nurseries, pet rooms, pet areas, etc. You guys have so many great ideas - I'll especially looking at your little boys' rooms since that will be my next major interior decorating project. Show me what you've got!!



If you link up, please include my House Tour Party button or a link to my blog in your post or somewhere on your blog! And, please feel free to spread the news on Twitter and Facebook so we can build a great library of decorating ideas!

HOUSEography House Tour Link Party


I'll have some favorites from the craft room, home office, and mom cave party later this week. You ladies have some really inspiring spaces - maybe I can blame my lack of craftiness on my lack of crafty space?  Ummm... no. There's still time to link up (til midnight tonight) - click here.

_________________________
Like this post? Vote for us by clicking here (and that's it!) - THANK YOU!