3.28.2011

DC Blogger Brunch!

Cassie (Primitive and Proper) posted a couple of months ago about the possibility of doing a get-together for DC area design and DIY bloggers. After seeing so many posts on other blogs about conferences and local gatherings in the Southeast or the Salt Lake area. I dropped Cassie an email to volunteer my house since I am a bit more central to DC which might make it easier for everyone to get here.

On Saturday, fourteen local bloggers gathered at my house. I was incredibly impressed that people drove over an hour (on the day of a DC marathon no less) to meet other local bloggers. Everyone brought food or drinks and everything was so AMAZING!
 There was no shortage of conversation and everyone seemed to have a great time.
 

 
 There was also no shortage of cameras and I was able to teach a few people how to use their self-timers so we could snap a couple of group pictures.  

Cassie made adorable mustache mugs for everyone to take with them, along with a biscotti and a list of attendees.


I think we all spent the day on Sunday drinking from our cute mugs and reading our new friends' blogs. In case you are looking for new reading material, here they are:


Amy of My Sun Shines Here 
Andi of Jane of All Crafts 
Angie of Seriously a Home Maker 
Cassie of Primitive & Proper 
Danielle of Fresh Quince 
Felicity of Our Little Beehive 
Katelyn of The Eclectic Traditionalist 
Kathy of All About Vignettes 
Kyra of Racks and Mooby 
Laurie of Little Blue Chairs 
Renee of Where the Grass is Greener 
Sarah of The Thriftress 
Shannon of Hase Haus 

If you are a DC area blogger, please shoot me an email so we can keep your name on the list for future gatherings! Hopefully we can do one every 6 months or so but maybe annually would be more realistic. In the interim, we are already having fun commenting on our posts. And I have a feeling some of the Arlington bloggers will be getting together sooner rather than later.

This was such a great experience, I encourage everyone to put together local blogger gatherings. It's so great to put faces with names... and to have someone to give an in-person second opinion on your next decor risk!