12.13.2010

HOLIDAYography: The Mantel!

Hope that everyone had a great weekend with loads of holiday fun!

I finally finished the family room mantel. I tried to use things that I already had and I was successful in that, but I am not sure it looks very different from my previous years' mantels. Moral of the story: use what you have if you still really, really like it!

Without further ado, here she is -


It continues to be a challenge to add height on the sides without blocking the view of the television - because we all know how much husbands love having the TV blocked by a stray Santa. 
I have had these stocking holders for a while and fortunately Lillian Vernon keeps making them so I was able to get one for each of the kids.  The amaryllis is a fake but very realistic looking.  I have a second one and considered replacing the candle on the left side with it... may still do that before this weekend.  The garland is just really cheap fake stuff with some sparkly apple garland and LED lights wrapped around it.  Incidentally, these are some lights I bought last year and I like them better than what's on our tree.  Oh well, live and learn.


And, yes, that's a gingerbread house in the middle.  Elizabeth made it!  Stay tuned for more on that later this week.

Click below to check all of the wonderful mantel ideas on The Lettered Cottage -

The Lettered Cottage